Monday, November 30, 2009

Don't Change the Product, Just How It's Advertised

This may come as a surprise to you, but I'm a huge fan of video games. I've got a SNES myself. The best thing about games is that no matter how stupid of an ad you make, they sell themselves. Looks like ads have gotten better, though. At least, better than this one.

I've been seeing a few commercials for the Xbox 360 lately. After looking up some of their previous ads online, I found something surprising.




So that ad is obviously showing it off as a system that's great for shooting games. The large number of people hints at internet multiplayer. (Man, seems like just yesterday when multiplayer meant "grab that controller over there.")

But then the Wii came out, and it's the one that the whole family gets together and plays. So, what is the Xbox 360 now?



The family system! Smart move.

No comments:

Post a Comment