Monday, October 26, 2009

Maybe I'm just a little old-fashioned here, but I've always been under the impression that a huge ad campaign should consist of at least somewhat good ads. You know...like ads that are in some way clever, or at least very loud.

So I'm a little confused every time I see these Kentucky Grilled Chicken ads. Apparently there is some sort of "Grilled Nation," which we ought to be a part of. And you become a member of this nation by -- you guessed it -- buying Kentucky Grilled Chicken.

Holy crap. How long did it take those guys to think of that? Was their original idea to make the "Kentucky Kool Kidz Club?" But wait, to be a Kool Kid, you have to go to KFC! Bravo to them, I see they put your heads together on that one.*

*Reliable sources tell me that the KFC marketing team's official greeting is, in fact, a headbutt.

It gets better, though. Check out the Grilled Nation website and click the "Grilled Nation" icon at the top. Here they've come up with a bunch of interesting points on a map to do a terrible job of photoshopping in a bucket of KFC. How fun is that? Only slightly more fun than watching paint dry.

Coincidentally, if you're in the mood for a little paint-observation action, you can check out their "Times Square Webcam," which is fixed on a billboard. Unfortunately the paint is already dry, but you can still watch the paint maintain a constant viscosity.

Sheesh. And here I'm the one with no clients.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha this post made me laugh a little too hard. I also love ripping on American Culture and their crappy advertising. I went to the Grilled Nation site and it was just as terrible as their billboard in Times Square...

    ReplyDelete